Thursday, June 16, 2011

Titletown U.S.A.

I grew up in Manchester, New Hampshire…  Manchester (a.k.a ManchVegas, the Vegas, Manch) is 60 minutes north of Boston.  Since N.H. does not have any pro teams of their own, we (usually) route for the Boston teams.
My Aunt Renee use to teach 2nd grade (I was about 5 at the time) and her reading groups were called the Red Sox, Bruins, Patriots and Celtics.  Clearly that made an impression on me and I always held those teams in high regard from that point on.  When people say New England sports insanity is in our blood – they are not kidding!!
While I admit to not following hockey at all (the Red Sox & the Patriots are my main men!), I was very happy last night when the Bruins won the Stanley Cup!  In Canada vs. the Canucks = bummer dude for our friends from the Great White North.  Don’t get me wrong, I love Vancouver and a good Wunderbar as much as the next person, but losing out to an American team in hockey – ouch!
By the way... was anyone else shocked at the rioting in Vancouver after last night's game?  Never knew Canadians had it in them, they all seem so civilized.  It’s too bad that just a few nutcases are making the beautiful and awesome city of Vancouver look bad.
It's not you, it's them
With Boston sports, whether you are routing for the red ‘B’ the black ‘B’, Pat the patriot, or that lucky leprechaun, the past decade has been good to us.  For most of my life, being a Boston sports fan has been touch and go at times, but after many heartbreaks…
Oh Bill Buckner... put the glove on the ground to field those grounders
(source)
We made it to the other side…
Way to go B's!
The red-eye flight you took last night
was a goooood idea, get outta there!

(source)

Celts were led by that terrific trio of Garnett, Allen and Pierce in the 2008 NBA Finals
Plus they beat the Lakers - awesome!
(source)
Gisele's husband is not only HOT, but the super stud QB who led the Pats to 3 championships!
It seemed unreal to us too, Tommy
(source)
And of course, the highlight of my sports life... 
those precious Red Sox winning the World Series in both 2004 & 2007!!!!!!!!!
I will die happy!
(source)
I can't believe I have lived to see all our teams win championships.  
Never thought that would happen.
Gotta love that 'Dirty Water' 
Go Boston!

1 comment: