Friday, July 27, 2012

The Olympics are awesome

source
I think it is safe to say that many, many people, all around the world, are so excited for the Olympics to start this evening!  I am so an Olympics nerd.  I mean, really, when it comes to sports, does the two weeks of the Olympics get any better?
Aside from being excited to see hot swimmers, teeny-tiny, crazy strong gymnasts and impossibly fast runners, I am most excited to see the athlete profiles NBC will no doubt show during their telecasts.  Those profiles get me everytime... I cry like a baby.  Love them.

When I got to work this morning, I checked email, Twitter and then Facebook and found this little lovely on my wall:
My friend Meghan had posted this with the message "Happy Opening Ceremony Day"
What a great way to start the weekend :)

Have you seen this video of the USA Swim Team lip syncing to "Call Me Maybe"?
So cute!  I hope they win all the medals!

Enjoy the Opening Ceremonies tonight and the rest of the next two weeks!
Go Team USA!


3 comments:

  1. I'm excited too! I hope I get home in time to see the opening ceremonies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so excited for the Olympics to start!!!!! That video is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the Olympics!

    Except for a couple rare times when there wasn't coverage, my TV has been firmly planted on NBC. I'm addicted!

    And by now I'm exhausted. It's tiring staying up so late and then turning it on first thing in the morning to see what happened while I was asleep!

    ReplyDelete