Monday, July 25, 2011

Let's Hug It Out Bitch

Who watched the season premiere of 'Entourage' last night?
I definitely did. Love... that... show.
My best friend Jamie had given me Season One for Christmas some years back and I have been hooked ever since.  She figured I would enjoy 'Entourage' since I loved visiting her in L.A., seeing all the touristy L.A. landmarks and was always on the lookout for celebrity sightings (never happened).  
If you have never seen the show, it is about a celebrity, Vincent Chase, and his entourage (manager, agent, driver and hanger-on washed up actor brother).  Also in the show, L.A. and all its famous and/or 'of the moment' locations are practically additional characters.  'Entourage' was created by Mark Wahlberg and is loosely based on his own life and his entourage.
In addition to a great core cast - Vince, Drama, E, Turtle, Ari, Lloyd, Mrs. Ari and Shauna; there have been so many cameos made over the last 7 seasons.  Tom Brady, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, Ali Larter, Martin Scorsese, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Aaron Sorkin, Jerry Jones, Gus Van Sant, Malin Akerman, Jessica Simpson, Lamar Odom, Eminem etc.  Goes on and on.  Can't wait to see who makes appearances this season.
This season will also be its last.  It was cancelled by HBO, did you know that?
I did not.  I heard it on 'The Today Show' last week when they were interviewing the guys.
I am going to miss this show.  I will surely miss Ari, Vince's loud mouth, offensive agent, and all his snarky (yet hilarious) comments.  You can actually read through them all at: www.arigoldquotes.com .  My 3 favorites are "F*cked", "Get Drama a Job" and "Fired at Last".  Perhaps just reading these quotes are not as funny as actually seeing them on the show, but I sure did get a kick out of them!
Before you click the link, please know Ari holds nothing back and bad words and offensive comments are his thing.  Just letting you know in case you don't like that sort of thing.
Did you know, supposedly Ari is based on real-life Hollywood agent Ari Emmanuel, brother of former Obama Chief-of-Staff and now Mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emmanuel?  True story.
If you watch the show, who are your favorite characters?
Ari for sure.  Even though he acts like a total asshole, he works hard and is a true family man.  
Also, Eric (E) because he is always trying to do the right thing, which I imagine would be hard in Hollywood, and Turtle, because he is quick witted, just super funny.
What do you think of Johnny Drama?
Most ridiculous person ever!  Kevin Dillon (who plays Drama) is fantastic in this part!
What was your favorite season or episode?  Worst season or episode?
I loved Seasons One, Five & Six.  Least favorite episodes was anything involving 'Medellin'... I know my sister agrees with me on this one :)
A video I just found on YouTube with Ari's best moments (my 3 favs are all in here).
Remember what I mentioned above...

3 comments:

  1. I haven't ever watched Entourage. I lived in L.A. for 2 years and don't care for it, other than a short visit here and there.
    I was hoping you'd say something about The Office, since your title is "Let's hug it out, Bitch," a Michael G Scott quote. Remember when I was always telling you that you are Pam? Still think of that when I watch it. You are SOOO Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wade you're so cute! Michael Scott got that line from Ari!
    Hey, if as Pam I can marry someone like John Kraszinski, I am onboard :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate when I show I love ends. When Queer as Folk came to an end I was so sad. I haven't seen Entourage and honestly never even knew what it was about. I thought it was just a bunch of actors in Hollywood - but now that you gave that nice, simple explanation I kind of "get it" more. I should give it a try and see if I like it!

    ReplyDelete