Until I realized there was nothing on summer TV except for reruns and reality shows.
Now I miss the Olympics again :(
This was the first time I have really watched the summer Olympics since 2000. In 2004, I was tour directing in Alaska so I was on the road those two weeks. I just watched the Opening Ceremony that year. In 2008, I watched the first week of Beijing and all the Michael Phelps swimming excitement. Then I left for Italy for work that first Saturday, so I missed the second week. Yes, my life is tough. I was sad to miss the Olympics, but touring Venice, Florence and Rome really took my mind off of missing them :)
One of my co-workers was able to attend the Olympics this year, so for about 30 minutes today I was IM-ing with her asking all about her trip. It sounded incredible, 'a trip of a lifetime' is how she described it.
Attending an Olympics (summer or winter... errr, maybe summer AND winter) definitely on my 'to do' list. How about you?
Speaking of 'to do' lists, on another blog I saw a list published by Budget Travel for the 20 places every American should see. Here's the list:
- Grand Canyon
- Yellowstone National Park
- Highway 1, California
- Magic Kingdom (Orlando, Florida)
- Times Square, New York City
- Las Vegas Strip
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- South Beach (Miami, Florida)
- French Quarter (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Gettysburg National Military Park
- Nashville, Tennessee
- National Mall, Washington, D.C.
- Independence National Historical Park (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
- Taos Pueblo, New Mexico
- Fenway Park (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Civil Rights District (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Architecture in Chicago, Illinois
- Pearl Harbor
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City
- Ellis Island, New Jersey
How many of these have you been to?
Where would you want to visit?
Do you think anything was left off the list?
I've had the chance to visit them all except for #s 11, 14, 16 & 19
Amazing, must-see locations (IMO) that were left off... Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. McKinley, maybe Key West or The Keys in general, Mt. Rushmore and maybe also Arches NP.