Wednesday, September 28, 2011

One Looong Week

It's Wednesday?  Really, that's it?
It has been one long week and let me tell you why.
Last Thursday while I was out for my super early morning run, while it was still dark outside, I pulled a real blonde moment and tripped on a crack in the sidewalk.  And I dislocated my shoulder.
Don't worry, once I got home and was taking off my shirt, the forward motion of my arm allowed the shoulder to fall back into place. Aaaahhhh... that felt good.  But I was still in pain for the rest of the weekend.
It hurts a little still now, but mostly it is just very tight and cramped feeling because I am holding the arm steady, moving slow, etc.  I really would like to spin my arm around and around to loosen it up.  But I won't do that, I am being nice to my arm and letting it heal a little bit.
As a result of my fall I did not drive to Orlando for the Miracle Miles 15K :(  
Thanks for the shout out Victoria, but after reading your blog post about the steamy and humid weather, can't say I was super sad to miss it.  Plus I know even though I was a no-show, my registration money went to good use for those teeny tiny NICU babies.  

I also wanted to rest up because this weekend is the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon!  Woohoo!  I have run a couple times this week and all feels good, so my goal for Saturday night is to not fall and to get to the finish line.  Hope that works out for me.
I'll be heading up to Disney tomorrow night after work because on Friday I get to participate in this: 

You are among a select group of qualified applicants who get to enjoy a special opportunity to preview and prepare for the 2011 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon next Friday at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.  
This unique event is to include a meet up and Q&A with runDisney’s official training consultant, Jeff Galloway, Olympic track and field coach Brooks Johnson, 2010 Disney Wine & Dine champions Melissa Wisner and Anton Van Zyl, along with nutritional tips with Disney Chef Gary Jones. We’ll have surprises along the way, so make sure you bring your camera! Additionally, you’ll have a chance to preview runDisney merchandise at the Health and Fitness Expo prior to general admission. 

I am so glad I follow Disney Sports on Twitter and was able to RSVP for this event in time when they posted it last week.  Anything that allows me to indulge my Disney dorkiness... sign... me... up. 
Of course, to Annette & I, the following line means only one thing:

Additionally, you’ll have a chance to preview runDisney merchandise at the Health and Fitness Expo prior to general admission. 

Coast to Coast tech shirts!  I really hope they have them, eek!

In other, random TV news... what fall shows are you watching?
How I Met Your Mother is off to a good start, so glad that Zoe girl is gone.  
Grey's was great last week.  Private Practice is back this week, yipee!
I am super excited Idina Menzel is back on Glee... side note about Glee, so glad Quinn is done with her 'rebel' stage... super annoying.
Ringer with Sarah Michelle Gellar, Up All Night with Christina Applegate & Will Arnett, Free Agents with Frank Azaria and the girl from 'How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days' all seem to be good shows. 
When is Cougar Town coming back?  Stupid name, funny show.
Also, does anyone else get chills when Phil on the Amazing Race, starts the race by saying "The World is Waiting"?  Best line on TV. 

5 comments:

  1. Omg!! We are twins, I get chills when I hear Phil open the race! Good luck, travel safe.... GO!

    Love.

    Early expo entry?! Nice! Any chance you could snag me a C2C tech tee?!? Disneyland expo sold out super fast!! I would owe you forEVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm rude.

    Hope your shoulder feels better soon, and I can't wait to hear about w&d!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Gosh! Glad to know you are feeling better, but that must have been scary!

    Good luck with Wine & Dine! I'm running the 5k that morning, but while you're racing, I'll be in Gainesville cheering on my Crimson Tide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome that you get to do all the special stuff pre-race! Have a BLAST!! I've officially decided to do this one next year and therefore I'll be living vicariously through you This year!

    Take care of your shoulder!

    Quinn... I was happy to see her "normal" again, but then her attitude at the end made me think that she is still not going to be a nice girl. It shall be interesting to watch and see how this season plays out! I'm already liking it better than season 2 - the music seems more of what it was at the start I think. I was sick of the mash-ups in the last season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new show , up all night!

    ReplyDelete