Thursday, April 12, 2012

2012 Disney Princess Half Marathon Recap!

Princess half marathon #2 is now in the books!
I love this race and was so glad to have so many friends joining me for the weekend.
Race Weekend was what you would typically expect from Disney (awesomeness).
I won't go into details, but you can read about other Disney races I have completed here and here and here and here and here.
Last year after Princess I said this would always be my "fun" race.
No time goals, no timing of anything really.
Just plain ol' fun with lots of pictures with Disney characters.

Here are 2012's pics...
Walking to the start corrals... very crowded this year

































LOVED the Villians!  the Evil Queen noticed my Coast to Coast shirt and said "We'll see you in California"  Eeek!

there were lots of folks taking pictures








kudos to that lady for running in the long skirt - yikes!
























































lines this long for character pictures was not unusual and I had started in Corral B









these volunteers were doing awesome cheering us on






















these two were dressed like Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie at the Royal Wedding - brilliant!




the cutest accordion group from Orlando
















look who I caught up with!







































the Fairy Godmother was awesome!






























While my camera is getting too old and pretty much sucks, I uploaded these pictures using the BlogPress app on my iPad and they look so blurry.  I am not sure who is to blame, probably a little of both.  Sorry about that.
I also have no idea why the spaces between the pictures are so big.  
But there was no way I was going to re-upload them all on my regular computer or try to figure out the space situation.  Way too many pics, plus it is April and I am just now getting this post together.

I do have to say that I loved running with my Team Sparkle skirt.  It was so lightweight, it really was like it was non-existent.  So amazing!  I must have more of these!!

My friends all kicked ass with PRs (Annette, Leah, Martha & Sue) and a first time half marathon finish (Annie)!  
People should remember that Disney races can be whatever you want them to be... for fun or for PRs.  The courses are always flat and fast so there should not be any reason why you shouldn't go hard if that's what you want to do.  I fully intend on going for a PR in Disneyland in September.


Following the race, we slept, we ate and we drank around the world.
Good times!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like SOOOO much fun!!! I really need to get my act together and plan to do one of these!! The fairy godmother looks like Paula Dean!

    ReplyDelete