Friday, April 13, 2012

Favorite Thing Friday

*Today, Friday the 13th, runDisney announced the medal for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler
from runDisney's Facebook page

Love it!
While it is very similar to the one I received for the Tower of Terror 5K back in October 2009, I do love that this medal has the moving elevator.  Super cute.

*This week registration opened for the 20th anniversary WDW Marathon Weekend!
from runDisney's Facebook page
As a past runDisney meet-up participant, I received a press release from Disney outlining the weekend's activities.
The 2013 weekend will take place January 10th - 13th and will again feature the Expo on Thursday, Friday & Saturday; Pasta in the Park on Thursday evening; Family 5K on Friday morning; Half Marathon on Saturday morning and the Marathon on Sunday morning.  Of course, Goofy will also be taking place with participants running both the half and the full.
This year they will be adding an after-party Sunday afternoon from 4pm to 8pm at Downtown Disney.  There were not many details, but I am sure it will be fun!
Since it is the 20th anniversary of the Marathon, there will be a new medal design - can't wait to see that.  And they have hinted at a surprise along the course at Mile 20... omg what could it be?!
They even said there would be more characters along the course.  I thought the course was pretty stacked in January, but it sounds like it will be even better in 2013.  All very exciting!
Sadly, I do not think I will be participating in any Marathon Weekend events.  Definitely not the full, but deep down I really, really, really want to do the half.  I am already pretty much booked solid in December with work trips and the holidays, so I just don't think I would be ready to run.
I am definitely going to be on the sidelines though cheering on my fellow bloggers... and maybe my friends Annette & Sue will sign up for the full?  Girls - I'll totally be your sideline bitch and hold GU, water, body glide, whatever, for you along the course :)
I had such a great experience at the Marathon this year I really think it is worth doing!

*Coming up in three weeks is Expedition Everest!  Annette & I are teaming up again this year as "All About the Medal".  Last year we placed 15th for ladies teams and we hope to do even better this year!
We also just ordered matching shirts from One More Mile:
from OneMoreMile.net
This is our 3rd year with this same team name.  I really have no idea why we haven't purchased these shirts sooner.  Cuz it's dorky.   Oh, ok.

Who's running the Tower of Terror 10 Miler?
Anyone else participating in Expedition Everest?
What events are you signing up for during Marathon Weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I don't plan on doing the ToT, but I do love that medal a little bit.....

    I registered for Goofy today! SO EXCITED.

    ReplyDelete