Friday, July 29, 2011

Favorite Thing Friday

I love celebrity gossip.  
Thankfully, I am not the only one I know who loves it.  My three best friends love it, my sister loves it and my cousins Mandy & Laura love it.
When I was hanging out with Leah & Andrew last month, Andrew told Leah & I that when we talk about celebrity gossip, we act like we know these people.  Uh, duh... like who doesn't act like that when discussing all things celebrity?! :)
I have had a long standing subscription to US Weekly for years now.  I do enjoy this magazine and it takes me exactly 1.5 hours to get through an issue cover to cover.  Is this something to brag about?No, probably not, but it is enjoyable.
When I get together with Jamie, Leah & Annette for our annual girls weekend, there is always a plethora of magazines to choose from.  People, In Style, Life & Style... you get the picture.  On our weekends away we make gossiping our job.  It is good for the soul.
One thing I have learned from my travels is that the U.S. gossip magazines simply pale in comparison to British tabloids.  Hello! & Ok! are two of the most amazing celeb gossip magazines ever!  Luckily I can find them here in Miami, either at the airport or at News Cafe in South Beach, for the bargain price of $7 a pop!  Wow.  
$7 for a magazine is a bit rich for my blood, so do not think I buy these often... I am not that crazy for celebrity gossip. I did indulge in the latest issues of both though after that little Royal wedding.  Also, to be clear I buy the original British versions of Hello! & Ok!  Not the knock-of U.S. versions.  You can tell the difference by the size of the magazine.  The Brits print them much larger.
When my nose it not buried in my US Weekly, where do I go for my daily dose of celebrity gossip?  
What a great freaking website.  Check it out.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!

    At every family get together my aunt is always in charge of bringing the bread bowl, some chips .... and the trashy celeb gossip magazines. Nothing like family bonding while trying to see which celebrity is showing all the cellulite at the beach this year!

    ReplyDelete